Communities across Australia are coming together to #FightfortheBight this Saturday the 20th May. Australia is holding a record number of Hands Across the Sand events from Ceduna to Wollongong!
Events are being held at:
- Glenelg Beach, Adelaide, SA
- Town beach, Port Lincoln, SA
- Town Jetty, Ceduna, SA
- Berry Bay, Yorke Peninsula, SA
- St Kilda Beach, Melbourne, VIC
- Sisters Beach, TAS
- Bellerive Beach, Hobart, TAS
- Austinmer Beach, Wollongong, NSW
Check out the Great Australian Bight Alliance Facebook page for more details of each event.
‘Hands Across the Sand’ is a global day of action held around the world on 20th May 2017, calling for clean energy solutions to our filthy fuels problem.
The events here in Australia will be reinforcing that despite BP pulling out the community is still watching and we will continue to stand against risky deep sea drilling and stand up for protection of the Great Australian Bight.